"Mount Hunter is a siren. Its seductive song captivated me the first time I heard it. I have thrown aside logic and maybe even reason to try to climb it. I am not alone on this bewitchment" Scott Backes

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

News Update

It is snowing again, phoned up for the weather and it definately does not seem like it is going to improve over the next 3 days. On Thursday onwards there are 50 to 70mph SE winds predicted at 14 000ft and above.... although we are not at this Altitude, Jon tells me that it will have a big effect in terms of blowing and dumping snow down on them on their decent down the North Face. Their hope is to be back in BC by Thursday, so lets hope things are good for a go tomorrow.

Otherwise, on the home front. It is currently dumping snow at a fair rate down here. but my solar charing system is a cable and a half away from my tent, so in the true spirit of laziness, I am currently sitting out in the snow, under a black bag typing this entry. Why a black bag you ask? Well...like I said... in the true spirit of laziness ;)

David

No comments:

Post a Comment