"Mount Hunter is a siren. Its seductive song captivated me the first time I heard it. I have thrown aside logic and maybe even reason to try to climb it. I am not alone on this bewitchment" Scott Backes

Saturday, May 14, 2011

2nd Spotting on Day 2

I am sitting around basecamp charging, filming and doing other odd jobs. For the past 3 hours there has been loads of clouds rolling into the area.(for once the weather report has been somewhat accurate).The boys have been climbing up a gully and added with the clouds, I have not been able to see them since earlier this morning. I am assuming the last few pitches have been absolutely knarly as they have only ascended some 80 meters with a bunch of traversing on some scary terrain. They have only made about 1/4 of the progress made yesterday. But that said, they still have around 6 hours of sun light to get to the base of the main gully where they had hoped to reach by the end of today. (several pitches above them).

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment